Friday, September 21, 2012

I see the moon, and the moon sees me....


I looked and looked and LOOKED for something to put over my daughter's crib and just couldn't find anything I liked! One night we were reading "The Moon Shines Down" by Margret Brown and it hit me-- I loved the phrase, "I see the moon, and the moon sees me. God bless the moon, and God bless me". I decided I could make my own wall mural using that quote.
I used the Cricut Alphabet font with my Cricut Expression machine, and cut the words out of white vinyl. I used a 3" letter height. I used the "&" and lowercase letters for a more whimsical look. I didn't worry about getting everything straight- in fact, I tried to make it look dream-like! It really took the pressure off :)
I used regular acrylic paint in 3 shades of yellow + white to paint the moon and stars. I like the way it turned out-- hopefully you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment