Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ceramic memories!

One of my favorite things to do is to paint my own ceramic pieces. I do most of mine at a summer camp we go to as a family each year (yay Camp Michigania!) but I know there are lots of local places that allow you to paint your own ceramic pieces! My local ceramics go-to is called Creative Arts Studio in Royal Oak, MI. I love the different basic pieces that they have to offer- the possibilities are endless!

Here are just a few of the projects that I have done that may inspire you:
This is an idea I came up with last year-- make a small (think dessert) plate every year with a few representations of your child's favorite things at the time. When my daughter was 14 months old, she loved balloons, the color blue and ladybugs! It's a fun keepsake, and useful too! Give them to your child when they graduate or get married- they will love the stories that go along with them!









This is my pear plate-- done with underglazes on a plain white salad sized plate. Not all projects have to be useful- this one just sits and looks pretty!










I wanted to commemorate our family's trip to Greece, so I painted my kitchen a dark blue to contrast with the white cabinets. I loved the Greek look, so I made a plate to match!

This mug was fun- we have a navy blue and white paisley couch that was the inspiration!





Our master bedroom is teal and brown- but I couldn't find a light switch cover that matched, so I made one! It took less than an hour to paint, and it really stands out in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment