Friday, September 21, 2012

Alphabet Letter Magnets!


I didn't like the plastic "classic" alphabet letters that toddlers like to play with on the refrigerator. So, I decided to make my own!
I used clear glass "pebbles" (there were more than enough for a whole alphabet in the bag) that I got from the dollar store. I cut out letters (1") using the Cricut (if you don't have a die-cutting machine, you could print letters on cardstock, or use letter stickers on cardstock!!).
I used Modge Podge to glue the letters *backwards* on the flat part of the stone. I then took a contrasting color of solid scrapbooking paper and "glued" it on using Modge Podge again. I was able to trim around the edges of the paper to fit the circle before it dried completely.
Then just hot glue a magnet (I got some from Michaels) on the back and there you have it! I tried patterned scrapbooking paper too, if you don't want letters, and they turned out great! They would be great to give as a gift (think totally customizable-- initials, photos, themes, birthday party favors, wedding favors, etc!)

No comments:

Post a Comment