Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dollar store hanging frame!



This is a hanging frame made from 3 dollar store frames, some paint, a piece of rope and a staple gun! Simply take the frames, remove the back "kick stand" and paint them-- I used white (mine were wooden so they would take the paint better-- if you get plastic ones, make sure to get a crafting paint that works with plastic. I just used acrylic for the wood).

You can't really tell here, but the frames had wooden "planks" running horizontally, so I distressed them a little to get a beachy feel. I just used some sandpaper!






















After the frames are dry, lay the rope (or twine, or ribbon) along the backs of them. Start at the bottom with one loose end, and loop the top as you come back down the other side. Trim to fit. 


Measure the space in between the frames so you get them even. Glue or staple the rope or ribbon onto the back of the frame.

I used coordinating pictures of my daughter-- taken at different times, but all with a grassy background for continuity!



No comments:

Post a Comment