Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bathroom mirror makeover using scrapbook rub-ons!


I found an old, gold plated wooden frame at a thrift store. I put painting tape around the perimeter of the mirror itself, so I wouldn't get paint on it, and painted it with high gloss off white.  I used a very fine sandpaper to distress the paint (when it was dry) until it had the "vintage" look I was going for. Then, I used white paisley rub-ons (typically used in scrapbooking, they can be found very inexpensively at any craft store-- you can buy quotes, pictures, designs, letters, etc) to decorate the corners. I just placed the rub on directly onto the mirror, and rubbed it off of the backing with a popsicle stick. I used one in each corner and I think it completed the look!
Imagine what you can do with rub-ons and mirrors-- inspirational quotes, monograms, etc! Easily removable with rubbing alcohol. I've had these rub-ons on this particular mirror for 4 years now, and they still look as good as new!

No comments:

Post a Comment